Feb 16, 2009

Our Dog ...Pepper

Troy and I talked about getting a dog in when we first got married. I was not really keen on the idea but Troy had grown up in a family where there was always a dog and there was lots of love for their pets.

One day after we had been married for a couple of years, Troy took me to the dog shelter and that was it. As we asked for the room where the puppies were kept, it was love at first sight.

There he was a little tiny puppy who had been abandoned. We adopted him and brought him home. He was named Pepper by the staff at the shelter and it fit him well. I was home at the time and not working due to being ill so Pepper became my companion and was a wonderful lift to my spirits. Pepper has fit in to our family and loved all the children who have come into our home. When I had a daycare for a while he loved to run and play with the children in the back yard. Pepper is a very protective and nervous dog and can get carried away when someone comes to the door, but we love him and his special needs. Pepper is a loving animal and part of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment